As an environmentally conscious organisation, we are dedicated to the practice of sound environmental management by minimising the environmental impact of our activities, products and services.
We aim to operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and use environmental best practices where possible. We also endeavour to continually improve our environmental performance.
In order to achieve a high level of environmental performance, we aim to:
- Meet the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation and exceed this where possible.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle waste wherever possible to reduce waste being sent to landfill, while ensuring full compliance with the ‘duty of care’ regulations.
- Ensure efficient, environmentally responsible use of electrical appliances by considering energy efficiency when purchasing new equipment and maintaining a good level of staff awareness and shutdown procedures at the end of each day.
- Minimise company travel by using technology such as email, web systems, fax and phone to conduct client and supplier communications where possible. Furthermore, plan contractor’s jobs effectively to minimise their travel.
- Communicate our intentions regarding the environment and request details of environmental credentials and legislative compliance from suppliers.
- Wherever possible, source raw materials produced from a sustainable source or have a recycled content.
- Ensure that all employees understand and contribute towards the environmental policy. Appropriate training will be given where needed.
- Review the environmental policy annually and seek to ensure that this environmental policy is adhered to and the firm strives to continually improve.