Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 10 days!
- Product Code: ESU-2115-1001
- Manufacturer Code: EC-DECK-AB
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Fencing & Barriers > Garden Borders & Edging
Double-sided Composite Decking Hollow Board
(Available in four natural colours)
The durable and long-lasting alternative to timber!
Hard-wearing hollow decking board with a natural wood appearance that resists fading and repels water. Woodgrained one side, grooved the other, our anti-slip decking is the perfect choice for gardens, patios, pool areas and holiday homes.
Hollow composite decking is lighter than solid and timber boards, making them easier to handle and fit. They are also secured using concealed fixings, to give a neater and truly flawless finish.
Features & Benefits
- Slip resistance - safe walking surface even in the wet
- Hard-wearing - withstands the roughest treatment
- Fade resistant - protection against UV rays and pollutants
- Stain and water resistant - looks good year after year
- Quick and easy fitting - easy to handle with special fixings
- Neat flawless finish - fixings concealed between joints
- Double-sided design - woodgrain one side, grooved the other
- Low maintenance - no treating, just simply jet or brush wash
- 20 Year Guarantee - no warping, cracking, splitting or rotting
How many boards and clips do you need?
Based on a sub-frame with maximum joist centres of 350mm, the following can be used as a guide.
- 2 x Hollow Boards per sq mtrs.
- 12 x T-Clips per board to secure to joists.
- 12 x Starter Clips per starter and end board to secure outside edge to frame.
Working out quantities
Multiply length and width of area to be decked to get the square meterage, then divide by 2 to get the number of boards needed.
Example Deck Area (5.5m length x 3m width)
Area is 16.5 m2 (5.5 x 3) and Boards Per Run is 1.5 (5.5 ÷ 3.66 (Board Length)).
Boards = 33 - Area x Boards Per m2 (16.5 x 2)
T-Clips = 377 - Boards - Boards Per Run) x T-Clips Per Board (33 - 1.5 x 12)
Starter Clips = 37 - (Boards Per Run x Starter Clips Per Board) x 2 ((1.5 x 12) x 2)
|Size (w x h x l)||145mm x 25mm x 3660mm|
|Colours||Ancient Black, Wild Brown, Antique Ash, Salt Lake Silver|
|Material||Recycled wood (60%) and recycled plastic polymer|
|Coverage||2 boards per square metre|
|Clips per board||12 (Hidden T-Clips or Starter Clips)|
|Certification||RoHS Green Product compliant|
|Guarantee||Twenty year warranty against warping, cracking, splitting, rotting and fungal decay|
Fitting and Usage
The following describes key installation points. Be sure to refer to the comprehensive installation guide when ordering, and when fitting.
Subframe and Joists
- Can be fitted to timber, aluminium or composite subframe
- Slope subframe at 10mm per metre towards drainage, to discourage free-standing water
- Use maximum joist centres of 350mm, or 25mm if installing boards diagonally
- Double the joists where board ends meet
- Allow 150mm air-gap below the deck
Laying Decking Boards
- Provide expansion gaps to allow proper drainage and ventilation
- Gap between wall and first decking board should be 10mm
- Side-to-side and end-to-end gaps should be 3-7mm
- Side-to-object and end-to-object gaps should be at least 5mm
- Starter Clips should be used to secure sides of board at edge of subframe on every joist Hidden T-Clips are loosely screwed every joist along the board and tightened when next board is inserted
- Deck edges can be finished using Hollow Deck Boards with Edge Trim, or the Step/Edge Nosing
- Do not clean with chemical products, a garden hose is usually sufficient
- If pressure washing, use 80 bar max, 40°C max and head at least 30cm from surface