Buy More & Save More (see tiered pricing table below)
|1 to 4
|5 to 9
Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: TRU-2131-1001
- Manufacturer Code: TRU-2131-1001
- Package Type: Large Letter
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
Side-Fix Glazing Bar Sheet Retainer
Quick fitting slipped panel solution!
Strong two-part aluminium plates for securing conservatory roof glazing. Slots together to form a T-section that can be side screwed onto glazing bar through pre-drilled pilot holes to prevent panels slipping.
Conservatory roof glass or polycarbonate, with continual expansion and contraction, and loosening of top capping compression, can result in roof panels slipping. When this happens, it can create an opening at the ridge, which results in draughts, heat loss and water ingress. These plates, which slot together to provide a once and for all solution to slipped roof panels, can fit discreetly behind glazing bar end caps.
Features & Benefits
- Stops roof material slipping down
- Long-lasting aluminium plate
- Choice of fixing side and holes
- Use on bars without end fixing
- Fits quickly and easily
Did you know? These retaining plates are suitable for use on glazing bars that feature a screw port (see example images). If your glazing bar does not have any screw ports, you may want to consider our Side-Fix End Cap Replacement Kit.
|Size (h x w x t)
|65mm x 55mm x 3mm
|Single plate, 5 pack or 10 pack
Fitting the Side-Fix Retaining Plate
- Ensure roof glazing has not slipped past end of Glazing Bar
- Raise end of Top Cap to allow side fixing
- Assemble Glazing Retainer and slide alongside Glazing Bar (position to whichever side allows a more central fitting)
- Slot the two-part Glazing Retainer plates together to make the T-section. Side plate holes should be to the top and lug holes on front plate to the bottom
- Secure Glazing Retainer with Self-Drilling Screws through pre-drilled pilot holes on side plate, and knock Top Cap back down into position
Glazing is now secured, but be sure that you have given consideration to the fitting of end cap closures to the end of your glazing bars. We sell a Side-Fix End Cap Replacement Kit, which includes this retainer, but also includes a plastic end cap and lug, plus screws.