Buy More & Save More (see tiered pricing table below)
|1 to 4||£3.51|
Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: EXI-2136-1005
- Manufacturer Code: RBEC-W
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Home & Garden > Lawn & Garden > Outdoor Living > Outdoor Structures > Canopy & Gazebo Accessories > Canopy & Gazebo Frames
End Cap for Exitex Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar
(Choice of colour)
Protects ends of glazing bars!
Simple and strong push-fit plastic end cap for closing the open end of the Capex Snap Down 10-25 Glazing Bar.
Fitting these end caps is really straight forward. Once a little silicone sealant has been applied to the underside of the short lip on top of the end cap, just push into place.
Features & Benefits
- Protection for ends of glazing bar
- Made from tough PVC-u plastic
- Fits easily to Capex Snap Down bars
- Part of Exitex Capex Snap Down system
- Low cost lean-to roof glazing
Exitex are a leading manufacturer of weather-proofing products, with over 40 years experience in the design and manufacture of aluminium and uPVC glazing solutions, including Capex Snap Down.
|Colour||White, Brown and Anthracite Grey|
|Thickness||1.5mm (25mm with protruding fixing peg)|
|Compatibility||Suitable for use with Exitex Capex Snap Down 10-25 Glazing Bar|
Fitting the Exitex Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar and End Cap
The following is offered as a guide to typical installation, and not intended as comprehensive fitting instructions.
- Cut Base Bar and Top Capping to same length as polycarbonate sheet
- Fit EPDM rubber gasket (may need to be torn into two along the length) to track on either side of Base Bar
- Pre-drill fixing holes along length of base bar and between toothed up-stand
- Fixings should be no more than 500mm apart and within 100mm from either end
- Screw the Base Bars to rafters using 5mm wood screws
- Peel protective film from edges of polycarbonate sheets to prevent being strapped by glazing bar
- Position Top Capping over Base Bar and push legs firmly into up-stand to ensure seal
- Fit end closure to polycarbonate sheet, using thin bead of silicone on underside of top face
- Apply a little silicone sealant to underside of End Cap top lip and push firmly onto glazing bar
- It is assumed that polycarbonate sheet length is cut with allowance for a 50mm overhang into the gutter.
- A glazing width deduction of 21mm from rafter centres will allow for Base Bar up-stand, plus expansion and contraction.
- Fixing buttons can be used along eaves or purlins to secure sheets that are large, or in exposed locations.
- Capex Snap Down works best with roofs over 5° pitch.