Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 5 days!
- Product Code: EXI-2135-1003
- Manufacturer Code: ET25-W
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Home & Garden > Lawn & Garden > Outdoor Living > Outdoor Structures > Canopy & Gazebo Accessories > Canopy & Gazebo Frames
Gable Finishing Profile for Capex Snap Down
(Choice of colour and length)
Closes gable starter bar neatly and securely!
Tough PVC-u trim, designed to slide into rail on Capex Snap Down base bar, to allow use as a gable bar. Closes the open side with a drip face, and provides a surface onto which the glazing bar top cap can compress to form a water tight seal.
Designed for use with a Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar screwed to the gable end starter rafter. Simply remove any gasket from open side of aluminium base bar, and slide the Gable Finishing Profile in. The Gable Finishing Profile has an adjustable top, which will pivot to the appropriate height when the PVC-u glazing bar top capping is pushed down onto the polycarbonate sheet.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and Easy Fitting - slides into aluminium base bar
- Improved Weather-proofing - helps top cap compression
- Tough and Long-lasting - durable and UV-stable PVC-u
- Highly Versatile - suitable for 10/16/20/25mm roofing
- Maintenance-Free - needs no annual painting
Exitex are a leading manufacturer of weather-proofing products, with over 40 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of aluminium and uPVC glazing solutions, including Capex Snap Down.
|White, Brown and Anthracite Grey
|2.5m (8ft 2in), 3m (9ft 10in), 4m (13ft 1in), and 6m (19ft 8in)
|Suitable for use with Exitex Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar, and 10mm, 16mm, 20mm or 25mm thick polycarbonate sheets
Fitting the Exitex Capex Snap Down Gable Finishing Profile
The following is offered as a guide to typical installation, and not intended as comprehensive fitting instructions. It is assumed that a Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar has been purchased for use with the Gable Finishing Profile.
Fitting Glazing Bar with Gable Finishing Profile
- Cut Base Bar and Top Capping to same length as polycarbonate sheet
- Fit EPDM rubber gasket (may need to be torn into two along the length) to track on one side of Base Bar
- Pre-drill fixing holes along the length of Base Bar and between toothed up-stand
- Fixings should be no more than 500mm apart, and within 100mm from either end
- Screw the Base Bars to rafters using 5mm wood screws, with ungasketed side to gable end
- Slide the Gable Finishing Profile up the length of the base bar, ensuring that the PVC-u section has hooked into the aluminium rail
- Peel protective film from edges of polycarbonate sheets to prevent being strapped by glazing bar
- Position Top Capping over Base Bar and push legs firmly into up-stand to ensure seal
- Fit end closure to polycarbonate sheet, using thin bead of silicone on underside of top face
- Apply a little silicone sealant to underside of End Cap top lip, and push firmly onto glazing bar
- It is assumed that polycarbonate sheet length is cut with allowance for a 50mm overhang into the gutter.
- A glazing width deduction of 21mm from rafter centres will allow for Base Bar up-stand, plus expansion and contraction.
- Fixing buttons can be used along eaves or purlins to secure sheets that are large, or in exposed locations.
- Capex Snap Down works best with roofs over 5° pitch.