Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 1 days!
- Product Code: CLE-2040-1002
- Manufacturer Code: AG18W
- Package Type: Parcel L
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
White SNAPA Snap-Fix Main Glazing Bar for Lean-to Roofs
(Choice of lengths available)
Incredibly easy to cut and fit!
Low cost snap-fix glazing bar for smaller DIY lean-to roof projects. Tough and long-lasting PVC-u extruded base bar and top cap for polycarbonate sheets. Supplied with decorative End Cap and screw.
Extruded durable PVC-u Base Bar featuring a toothed upstand with locking points for securing the PVC-u top capping. The capping has coextruded seals that form a weather-tight pressure seal on the top of glazing material once the PVC-u capping has been pressed firmly into position over polycarbonate sheets of 10mm, 16mm, 25mm, 32mm and 35mm thickness.
NEW Stronger SNAPA Bar! The new PVC-u SNAPA bars are extruded with significantly thicker walls, which provides greater strength and rigidity over the low-grade aluminium of the old SNAPA bars.
Features & Benefits
- Durable PVC-u extrusion
- Cuts easily with standard hand saw
- Simple snap-fix cap fitting
- Perfect for simple lean-to roofs
- Coextruded seal compresses onto glazing
- For 10/16/25/32 and 35mm sheets
- Matching Gable Bar option
- Low-cost glazing solution
Retro-fitted to existing timber roofs, SNAPA can encase and seal problem leak areas and breath a new lease of life. SNAPA is equally effective on new installations too, offering a capping solution for low-cost lean-to roofs. Common uses for SNAPA Snap-Fix Glazing Bars include: Carports, Greenhouses, Canopies, Covered Walkways and Pergolas.
Unlike many snap-fix rafter capping solutions for lean-to roofs, SNAPA has a matching Gable Bar with an extended drip face for left and right starter rafters of a lean-to roof, so no need to improvise or compromise.
What you get with each SNAPA Main Bar
Each bar includes, 1 x PVC-u base bar and 1 x PVC-u top capping (both with coextruded gaskets), plus 1 x end cap with retaining screw and screw cover cap.
|Materials||Base Bar - PVC-u plastic extrusion with coextruded gasket
Top Cap - PVC-u plastic extrusion with coextruded gasket
End Cap - Plastic*
Fixings - Steel screw and plastic cover cap
|Top Cap Size (w x h x l)||50mm x 34.5mm x Various (2m/2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Base Bar Size (w x h x l)||50mm x 34.5mm x Various (2m/2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Top Cap Colour||White|
|Available Lengths||2m, 2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m|
|Weight (per m)||827g|
Fitting the SNAPA Snap-Fix Glazing Bar
The following is a brief summary of typical installation. Technical Information and further Fitting Advice is available.
- Prepare Base Bars and Top Cappings by cutting to length, ensuring that they will overhang the correct amount over the gutter.
- Fix base bar to timber rafter by screwing through central channel every 200-300mm and no more than 75mm from either end.
- Prepare polycarbonate sheets by cutting to size, before fitting breather tape and End Closure/Drip Trim. Position over bars and check that any protective film is peeled back from sides. Eaves Seal Foam can be used along eaves to support the underside of the sheets.
- Push Top Cappings down into position over the Base Bar upstand and tap down using a soft/rubber headed hammer.
- Fit End Caps with supplied screws and caps.