Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 3 days!
- Product Code: CLE-2146-1002
- Manufacturer Code: AG420W
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
SNAPA Snap-Fix Wall Glazing Bar for Wall Abutments
(Choice of lengths available)
Improved abutment sealing - with less work!
Two-part glazing bar with top-capping up-stand, which acts as a soaker, to provide excellent weather sealing between end of roof and wall abutment. Thick walled, durable PVC-u offering greater strength, with reduced maintenance. Supplied with decorative end cap and screw.
SNAPA is an ideal low-cost capping solution for new timber rafter canopies, but is equally effective sealing problem roofs, and giving them a new lease of life. Common uses for SNAPA Snap-Fix Glazing Bars include: Carports, Greenhouses, Canopies, Covered Walkways and Pergolas.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent side wall seal - top capping soaker up-stand
- Reliable capping seal - co-extruded flipper gaskets
- Simple installation - easy to cut, with snap down fitting
- Versatile application - full choice of locking points
- Low-maintenance - hard-wearing PVC-u extrusion
- Complete system - other SNAPA bars and ridge available
What differentiates the Wall Bar from the standard intermediate Main Bar, is that the top capping is moulded with a vertical up-stand. The Wall Bar should be positions so that the back of the up-stand is flush against the abutting wall. This allows flash to be fitted part way down the up-stand, which then is acting like a soaker to aid water run off and prevent ingress along the roof end.
What you get with each SNAPA Wall Bar
Each bar includes, 1 x PVC-u base bar and 1 x PVC-u top capping with up-stand (both with co-extruded gaskets), plus 1 x end cap with retaining screw and screw cover cap.
|Materials||Base Bar - PVC-u plastic extrusion with co-extruded gasket
Top Cap - PVC-u plastic extrusion with co-extruded gasket
End Cap - Plastic*
Fixings - Steel screw and plastic cover cap
|Top Cap Size (w x h x l)||58mm x 82mm x Various (2m/2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Base Bar Size (w x h x l)||50mm x 34.5mm x Various (2m/2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Top Cap Colour||White|
|Available Lengths||2m, 2.5m/3m/4m/5m/6m|
|Weight (per m)||1 Kg|
Fitting the SNAPA Snap-Fix Wall Glazing Bar
The following is a brief summary of typical installation. Technical Information and further Fitting Advice is available.
- Prepare Base Bars and Top Cappings by cutting to length, ensuring that there is the correct amount of gutter overhang; typically 50mm.
- Fix base bar to timber rafter by screwing through central channel every 200-300mm and no more than 75mm from either end.
- Wall Bar base should be fitted approximately 8mm from the abutting wall, as the Top Capping up-stand, which should be flush against the wall, projects 8mm beyond the base.
- Prepare polycarbonate sheets by cutting to size, before fitting breather tape and End Closure/Drip Trim. Position over bars and check that any protective film is peeled back from sides. Eaves Seal Foam can be used along eaves to support the underside of the sheets.
- Push the Top Cappings down into position over the Base Bar up-stand and tap down using a soft/rubber headed hammer.
- Fit End Caps with supplied screws and caps.