Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: CLE-1667-1001
- Manufacturer Code: AG13W
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
White Rafter Capping for 10/16/25mm Polycarbonate Sheets
Available in 4 common lengths
Quick Fitting and Versatile!
Extruded aluminium base bar with durable, one-snap white PVC-u capping and decorative end cap - a complete timber rafter main bar for 10, 16 and 25mm Polycarbonate. SNAPA offers a maintenance-free snap-fix glazing bar system at an incredibly low cost.
Extruded aluminium Base Bar features a toothed upstand with locking points for securing the PVC-u top capping. It also features an angled profile, making it effective for use on hip rafters or standard rafters and has long-lasting EPDM rubber gaskets to cushion and seal the underside of polycarbonate. The capping has coextruded seals that form a weather-tight pressure seal on the top of glazing material once the PVC-u capping has been pressed firmly into position.
Retro-fitted to existing timber roofs, SNAPA can encase and seal problem leak areas and breathing a new lease of life into existing roofs. SNAPA is equally effective on new installations too, offering a low-cost, long-life capping solution.
Features & Benefits
- One product - many uses - use with 10/16/25mm polycarbonate
- Extruded aluminium - strong and lightweight
- Coextruded flapper seal - compress onto glazing for weather-proof seal
- Maintenance-free - no annual painting required
- Angled base bar - use on main rafters and hips
- EPDM gaskets in base - acts as a seat and seal for glazing
- Flexible system - fits many roof designs and sizes
- Designed to integrate - can be used with ALUKAP-XR ridge
- Easy-fit system - designed for ease and speed of installation
Common uses for SNAPA Snap-Fix Glazing Bars include: Carports, Greenhouses, Canopies, Covered Walkways and Pergolas.
No dedicated starter bars required
For gable ends or abutting walls, we recommend the Endstop Bar. Simply fit to outside edge of polycarbonate with drip pointing down for use on gable and with drip pointing upwards for use as wall starter bar.
|Materials||Base Bar - Aluminium extrusion and EPDM Rubber Gaskets
Top Cap - PVC-u
End Cap - Plastic*
|Top Cap Size (w x h x l)||50mm x 22mm x Various (3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Base Bar Size (w x h x l)||46mm x 26mm x Various (3m/4m/5m/6m)|
|Top Cap Colour||White|
|Available Lengths||3m, 4m, 5m and 6m|
|Weight (per m)||540g|
* Each bar is supplied with End Cap with 2 x stainless Steel fixing screws and plastic screw cover caps.
Fitting the SNAPA Snap-Fix Glazing Bar
- Prepare Base Bars by cutting to length and drilling fixing holes along the length of each. Fixing holes should start around 75mm from each end and be staggered to the left and right of the upstand, without being more that 450mm apart.
- Ensure Base Gaskets are correctly fitted to either side of Base Bar and screw to the rafter.
- Locate the pre-cut and taped polycarbonate over base bars and fit Eaves Seal Foam as a draft excluder if desired.
- Position PVC-u Capping over the Base Bar and press/tap firmly into position
- Fit End Caps with supplied screws and caps.
We recommend the use of the End Stop Bar for Gable rafters and wall starter rafters. Simply fit to outside edge of polycarbonate with drip pointing down for use on gable and with drip pointing upwards for use as wall starter bar.
The above is a summary only and not intended as comprehensive fitting instructions.