Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: LIV-1175-1011
- Manufacturer Code: T25GB20BS
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
25GB Snap-Tight Main Glazing Bar 10/16/25mm Panels
Various lengths in Brown or White
Aluminium Base Bar with PVC-u Cap and End Cap
Strong, extruded aluminium Base Bar with durable PVC-u Cap and decorative End Cap - complete timber rafter main bar for 10, 16 and 25mm polycarbonate. Part of Sunwood's high quality, maintenance-free Snap-Tight range of rafter bars.
The extruded aluminium Base Bars feature a central recess with locking points into which the toothed legs of the PVC-u Cap are located and long-lasting EPDM rubber gaskets to cushion and form a weather-tight seal on the underside of the polycarbonate. The PVC-u Cap has coextruded seals that forms a sound, pressure seal on the top of the polycarbonate once the PVC-u Cap has been pressed firmly into position.
Retro-fitted to existing timber roofs with 10, 16 or 25mm polycarbonate, the 25GB Rafter Main Bar and other Sunwood components can encase and seal problem leak areas while also breathing a new lease of life into the roof. Sunwood is equally effective on new installations too, offering an attractive, low-maintenance, long-life capping solution.
Features & Benefits
- Coextruded Flapper Seal - compress onto glazing for weather-proof seal
- EPDM Gaskets in Base - acts as a seat and seal for glazing
- Aluminium Base Bar - strong and lightweight extrusion
- Flexible System - fits many roof designs and sizes
- Fully-Serviceable - Sunwood components can be easily removed if required
- Maintenance-Free - no annual painting required
- Designed to Integrate - neatly fits other Sunwood products
- Easy-Fit System - designed to ease installation
- 5 Year Guarantee - long product guarantee
|Materials||Base Bar (Aluminium extrusion. EPDB Rubber Gaskets.)
Top Cap (PVC-u)
End Cap (Plastic with Metal Fixing Bracket)
|Top Cap Size (w x h x l)||50mm x 23mm x Various (2.5m/3m/4m/6m)|
|Base Bar Size (w x h x l)||44mm x 21mm x Various (2.5m/3m/4m/6m)|
|Top Cap Colour||White or Brown|
|Available Lengths||3m, 4m, 5m and 6m|
Fitting the Sunwood Snap-Tight 25GB Rafter Main Bar
Cut Base Bars to length. Drill fixing holes in the centre of each glazing bar between the upright toothed legs. Fixings should be made at no more than 450mm intervals and around 75mm in from each end. Then ensure Base Gaskets are fitted to either side of Base Bar and screw to the rafter. You can then position the pre-cut and taped polycarbonate and fit Eaves Seal Foam as a draft excluder if desired. All that is then required is to locate the PVC-u Cap over the Base Bar and press/tap firmly into position.
The above is a summary only and not intended as comprehensive fitting instructions.
|Roof Structure:||Timber Supported|
|Glazing Compatibility:||Polycarbonate (Multiwall)|
|Glazing Thickness:||10mm, 16mm, 24/25mm|