Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
- Product Code: CLE-1671-1003
- Manufacturer Code: AKX612W
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
Aluminium Capping for Timber Hip Rafters
Choice of colour, length and base gasket
Clean and simple hip protection!
Premium quality, Inner Capping for clean and simple hip connections. The Hip Bar comes as three parts, a mill-finished aluminium Inner Capping, an aluminium powder-coated Hip Outer Capping and cast aluminium End Cap.
The Inner Capping features rubber gaskets and creates a water-tight seal over the glazing when screwed to the rafter. The durable Hip Outer Capping snap-fixes securely over the Inner Capping and extends outwards to offer umbrella protection to jack spars joining the hip. All fixings are concealed and water ingress eliminated. A heavy duty End Cap provides secure and decorative closure to end of bars, while helping to prevent slippage of Hip Outer Capping and glazing material.
Base Gaskets, which sit directly on timber rafters underneath the glazing material, can be supplied to provide a rubber seal under glazing material if required.
Features & Benefits
- Extruded aluminium - strong and lightweight
- Maintenance-free - no annual painting required
- Durable powder-coating - no discolouring
- Long-life material - no warping or cracking
- Quick and simple - pre-drilled Inner Capping with snap-fix Outer Capping
- Custom colour option - can paint to any RAL colour
- Attractive profile - low contour with concealed gaskets
- Compatible with glass - unlick most Snap-Tight systems
The Hip Bar can be used with both 45mm and 60mm Main Bars and are available in a choice of colour, length and with or without 45mm and 55mm base gaskets.
Custom Colour Option - There's no problem if you want to match an existing RAL colour. Just choose 'Custom Colour' when ordering and contact us to provide the RAL code.
|Finish||Powder-coated. White, Dark Brown or Custom Colour (specify RAL code).|
|Material||Aluminium extrusion (Inner Capping and Outer Capping)
EPDM rubber (Glazing Seal Gaskets and Base Gasket)
|Width||60mm (80mm including the overhang)|
|Length||3m, 3.6m, 4.8m or 6m|
|Base Gasket Option||None, 45mm or 55mm|
|Weight||1Kg per metre (approx)|
Fitting ALUKAP-XR Hip Bar
- Cut the Inner Capping and rubber gaskets to desired length
- Insert gasket into Inner Capping gasket grooves
- If using, fix Base Gasket to timber rafter before laying glazing material
- Position Inner Capping on glazing, directly over rafter
- Drill pilot holes through pre-drilled holes in Inner Capping
- Screw Inner Capping down to create a uniform seal on glazing material - be careful not to over-tightening
- Screw the End Cap in place
- Use sealant to make additional seals around abutments or connections to walls, hip bars or ridge bars if required
- Cut Outer Capping to required length and snap-fix on to the Inner Capping*
* Outer Capping should be fitted once any required sealing has been made. Typical sealing includes around adjoining jackspars against the raised side.
The above is offered only as a guide and not as complete fitting instructions for all scenarios.
|Roof Structure:||Timber Supported|
|Glazing Compatibility:||Glass (Single Pane), Glass (Double-Glazed), Polycarbonate/Acrylic (Solid), Polycarbonate (Multiwall)|
|Glazing Thickness:||10mm, 16mm, 24/25mm, 32mm, 35mm, Any|
- Have a question about this product?
- [YouTube] ALUKAP-XR Introducing Installation Guide
- View more products by Clear Amber