Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: YAL-1281-1015
- Manufacturer Code: IF5YKMC3535N
- Package Type: Large Letter
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Locks & Keys > Locks & Latches
Yale Anti-Bump Euro Cylinder
Kitemarked Security Euro Cylinder from Yale
Brass or Nickel, Many Sizes, 3 Keys (extra available)
A name you can trust, with 10 year guarantee!
High security euro profile cylinder from Yale, one of the World's most respected names. Ideal security upgrade for home or workplace. Offers Anti-Bump, Anti-Pick, Anti-Plug Pull, Anti-Extraction and Anti-Drill protection.
Manufactured to British Standard (EN1303: 2005), this is a cylinder that you can trust. Whatsmore, it comes with a 10 year guarantee!
Why have a High Security Euro Cylinder
Most uPVC and composite doors are fitted with a cylinder lock with a section cut out to provide space for a revolving cam. Turning the key revolves the cam, which engages the door's locking mechanism to lock and unlock. There are inherent weaknesses within the design but a high security cylinder can protect against them.
Features & Benefits
- BSI Kitemark (KM532920) - approval you can trust
- BSEN 1303:2005 - highest European security
- PAS 024:2007 - British Standard for entrance doors when used with Yale security furniture
- Anti-Pick - spool pin protection
- Anti-Bump - resistance againt lock-bumping
- Anti-Drill - drill attack resistance
- Anti-Extraction - resists plug and cylinder pull
- 30,000 Key Differs - 6 pins with multiple positions
- Long Life - over 100,000 cycles
- Secured by Design - recommended by Association of Chief Police Officers
EXTRA KEYS - 3 keys are provided with single cylinders and 6 keys with keyed-alike pairs as standard. Additional keys (using Silca blanks) can be ordered with the cylinder. Please note that extra keys are a nonrefundable bespoke service.
|Sizes||From 35/35 (70mm overall) to 50/55 (105mm)|
|Finish||Antique Brass or Nickel|
|Keys||3 supplied (extra available)|
|Security Features||Anti-Snap, Anti-Bump, Anti-Drill, Anti-Pick, Anti-Plug Pull|
|Quality Standards||British Standard (EN1303: 2005), PAS 23/24, Insurance Approved, Secured by Design|
Further technical information is available below.
Know the Threats
Thieves are always looking for new ways to compromise standard euro cylinder locks. Thankfully, manufacturers constantly developing features within their locks that will combat threats such as Lock-Snapping and Lock-Bumping.
What size do you need?
It's vital that you order the correct size cylinder for your door. To determine which size cylinder you require you must first remove the cylinder.
Removing existing cylinder
- Put your key in the lock and open the door.
- Remove the screw which is beneath the latch.
- Turn the key while apply slight pressure to the opposite end of the cylinder. As you do so the cam will line up with the rest of the lock and you will be able to slide the cylinder out towards yourself. The key usually needs to be turned approximately 25 degrees clockwise or anti-clockwise.
You can now measure the original cylinder.
Measuring the existing cylinder
On the side of the cylinder, under the cam, you will see a Fixing Hole. The size you require is determined by the distance from each edge of the cylinder to the centre of the fixing hole.
- Measure from the end of the cylinder to the centre of the Fixing Hole, to give the first measurement (a)
- Measure from the centre of the Fixing Hole to the other end of the cylinder, to give the second measurement (b)
If measurement a = 35mm and measurement b = 45mm then the size required is referred to as 35/45 (80mm overall). Some double cylinders (key operated at both ends), like the Yale Anti-Bump and UAP+ Zero Lift Anti-Snap cylinders feature security on both ends. So, ordering a 35/45 cylinder is the same as ordering a 45/35 cylinder.
|Operation:||Double Cylinder (Key/Key)|
|Protection:||Anti-Bump, Anti-Drill, Anti-Extraction, Anti-Pick|
|Security Rating:||BS EN1303, BS EN1303:2005 16010C52*, Secured by Design Approved, TS007 1*|