Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: CLE-1679-1003
- Manufacturer Code: AKX710W
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
Aluminium Ridge Capping for Timber Ridge
Choice of colour and length
Attractive with long lasting strength!
Robust aluminium capping with powder-coated Ridge Base and Top Capping, for sealing timber ridge beams.
Accommodates varying roof pitches due to the Ridge Base curved gasket feet and ridge Top Capping's generous overhang protects from the elements and conceals connections with adjoining bars.
Features & Benefits
- Extruded aluminium - strong and lightweight
- Maintenance-free - no annual painting required
- Durable powder-coating - no discolouring
- Long-life material - no warping or cracking
- Quick and simple - designed for easy fitting
- Custom colour option - can paint to any RAL colour
- Improved security - designed to help secure your property
- Compatible with glass - unlick most Snap-Tight systems
The Ridge is available in White, Dark Brown or custom RAL colour and a choice of lengths.
Custom Colour Option - There's no problem if you want to match an existing RAL colour. Just choose 'Custom Colour' when ordering and contact us to provide the RAL code.
|Finish||Powder-coated. White, Dark Brown or Custom Colour (specify RAL code).|
|Material||Aluminium extrusion (Ridge Base and Top Capping)
EPDM rubber (Glazing Seal Gaskets)
|Length||1m, 2m, 3m or 6m|
|Weight||3.4Kg per metre (approx)|
Fitting ALUKAP-XR Ridge
- Cut Ridge Base and rubber gaskets to desired length
- Insert gasket into Ridge Base gasket grooves
- Position Base Bar on glazing, directly over ridge
- Drill pilot holes through Ridge Base (100mm from either end and every 300mm)
- Screw down Ridge Base to create a uniform seal on glazing material - be careful not to over-tightening
- Slide the Gable End Plate or Radius End into the Ridge Base and screw
- Use sealant to make additional seals as required
- Cut Top Capping to required length
- If fitting Cresting and Finial then apply a bead of sealant down the cresting channel before sliding them in
- Offer the Top Capping up to check length before snap-fixing in place* as the Top Capping is designed to be difficult to remove once fitted.
* A rubber or plastic hammer can be used to snap the Top Capping onto the Ridge Base. Avaiod heavy impact and be sure that both sides are fully engaged along the length. Mechanical fixings can be used with Top Capping if required..
The above is offered only as a guide and not as complete fitting instructions for all scenarios.