Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: EAS-1648-1001
- Manufacturer Code: EASYRIDGEFBLK
- Package Type: Parcel S
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
6m Universal Dry Fix Ridge/Hip Kit
Available in Black or Terracotta
Mortar-free, ventilated ridge or hip!
Quick and simple mechanical fixing of almost all ridge tiles and hips (with dedicated Hip Tray). Guaranteed for 20 years, this kit forms a ridge that is resistant to water and allows the roof to breath.
The ventilated Ridge Roll provides the equivalent of 5mm continuous airflow and it's malleable, crimped aluminium skirt with flexible ridge tile Unions are the key components that make this kit so effective - together, they offer long term security with a quality water seal.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and easy to fit - no special tools or skills required
- Fit under any dry conditions
- Fully serviceable - easy to maintain even after many years
- Ventilated ridge - allows roof to breath
- Use on Ridge OR Hips - dedicated Hip Tray required
- Effective year after year - resistant to freeze/thaw cycles plus thermal expansion and contraction
- Long-life durable fixings - Stainless Steel and Nylon
- 20 year guarantee - British Standard product you can trust
- 13 unions supplied - enough unions for standard length ridge tiles over 6m ridge. More unions may be required is ridge tile is shorter than 400mm.
The Easy Ridge F complies with BS 5250 and BS 5534 and is manufactured to DIN 4108/3. The dry fix system is recommended by NHBC.
CAN BE USED ON HIPS! EasyRidge is great on hips too! Just requires a dedicated Hip Try to be fitted under the ventilated roll. We can supply the dedicated 1.2m long Hip Trays if required.
6m Ventilated Ridge Roll
Polypropylene mesh fabric with spine and malleable crimped aluminium skirt, which makes it easy to dress over contoured tiles. Underside of skirt has high butyl adhesive strips for sealing against roof tile.
|Material||Polypropylene and Aluminium|
|Colour finge and clips||Black or Terracotta|
Ridge Unions (13 Pack)
Tough and flexible Nylon unions that you can use with almost all ridge tile, including angled and half round profiles of concrete or clay. Adjoining ridge tile sit on either side of a union up-stand and are trapped securely with 3 ratchet clips , the central one featuring a screw port to fasten to ridge batten with provided stainless steel screw.
|Material||Nylon (union and ratchet clips), Stainless Steel (screw fixings)|
Each of the 7 x Unions is supplied with 1 x Large Ratchet Clip, 2 x Small Ratchet Clips and 1 x Stainless Steel screw.
* Measurements taken when union flat.
Ridge Batten Brackets (10 Pack)
Stainless steel brackets, pre-formed with saddle to hold Ridge Fixing Batten and nail holes for fixing to roof truss rafters at 450mm and 600mm centres.
|Material||Stainless Steel (brackets), Stainless Steel (cloat nails)|
Supplied with a quantity of Stainless Steel cloat nails.
The kit is supplied with fitting instruction to help you through the process but be assured, fitting is quick and easy compared to mortar fitting and other dry-fix systems.
- Install roof underlay and battens as normal but finish underlay 30mm short of apex on either side and don't fit last batten
- Construct ridge fixing batten and fix to Ridge Batten Bracket before nailing to roof truss
- Fix top tiling batten with minimum 10mm air gap between it and ridge batten, then lay and fix the tiles as normal
- Unroll EasyRidge F over the ridge batten, ensuring coverage over top course of tile and secure with corrosion resistant staples or nails
- Remove release paper from the butyl adhesive strips and dress neatly onto the dry/clean tiled surface
- Prepare the Unions by lightly pressing one large fixing clip (in the central slot) and 2 smaller ratchet clips
- Place end ridge tile and insert the prepared ridge union under and between the ridge tiles.
- Loosely tighten the 3 ratchet clips down onto the union.
- Secure to ridge fixing batten with Stainless Steel screw through central fixing clip
- Pushing the ratchet clips into the union to secure.
- Continue process along the ridge