Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: TAP-1436-1003
- Manufacturer Code: 060807 804
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing > Roofing Shingles & Tiles
Steel Grey Tapco Ridge Tile
Roof with Tapco Slate Tile
Complete synthetic roof system
Synthetic Slate Ridge Tile from Tapco
Traditional slate appearance to the ridge
Authentic synthetic slate ridge tile. Lightweight, durable and extremely robust.
Moulded from casts of natural slate, they provide an authentic texture that looks amazing - year after year, and is tested to survive 110mph winds and keep water out.
The ridge tiles are flexible with a reinforced crease, which allows them to be used on pitches from 14° to over 30°.The tiles also feature a tapered end that allows the ridge tile to sit neatly and naturally overlap the adjooining ridge tile for windtight and tidy appearance.
Did you know? Ridge tiles feature exposure markings, just like the regular tile, so they can be easily aligned with uniform spacing.
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight - just 12Kg/m² so easy to handle and needs less support
- Authentic appearance - real slate moulds and random textures
- Uplift resistance - built-in InFlex camber for tighter fit
- Consistent size - no need to sort tiles by thickness
- Easy preparation - easy to cut and no need to drill
- Faster fitting - nail, exposure and spacing markings
- Super strong - wont crack/break if dropped or walked on
- Non-fading - protection against fading under sunlight
- Lifetime warranty - fit with confidence
- Low-Pitch use - can use on roofs as low as 14°
- Complete system - compatible ridge tiles, top caps and breathable membrane
- BBA & BS Certified - complies with BS476 Part 3 - an AA fire rating is achieved for insulation on boarded roofs
- 100% Recyclable - conserve natural resources and reduce landfill
Blended from dolomite limestone and polypropylene, they are over 50% lighter and much less fragile than natural slate, so easier to handle too.
Being tougher, they can be walked on during installation, without risk of cracking. This fact alone can reduce wastage by 15%. They're also easy to cut and fit, so quick to install.
It's no wonder that roofing contractors love to work with them.
|Size||152mm x 457mm (6" x 18")|
|Weight||Nominal 0.7 Kg|
|Material||Recyclable blend of limestone and polypropylene|
|Batten Size||38mm x 25mm (1.5" x 1")|
|Minimum Pitch||14° (fully boarded roof)
22.5° (felt/batten roof)
|Fixing||Large-headed galvanised steel nails - 30mm (1.5") by 2.5mm (0.1") using hammer or nail gun.
Aluminium or Copper nails may also be used but driving them through the slate may cause bending.
Longer 76mm (3") nail required for fixing ridge and hips
|Cutting||Fine-toothed handsaw, jigsaw, circular saw, or sharp utility blade|
|Storage/Temperature||Must be conditioned at a temperature no lower than 7° for 24 hours prior to use.
May be installed in temperatures as low as 0° but must be hand fastened.
Tapco recommends fastening with a pneumatic gun in temperatures above 7°
|Colour||Steel Grey (formerly Pewter Grey)|
|Ridge Coverage||5.5 per linear metre|
The material and the moulded markings on each slate make fitting Tapco Synthetic Ridge Tile a dream. Comprehensive fitting instructions are available if required.