Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
- Product Code: TAP-1434-1005
- Manufacturer Code: 031909 709
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing > Roofing Shingles & Tiles
Steel Grey Tapco Slate Tile
Roof with Tapco Slate Tile
Tapco Slate solid roof conversion
Versatile synthetic roof tile
Complete synthetic roof system
Synthetic Slate Roof Tiles from Tapco
290mm x 445mm
Tough and lightweight imitation roof slate
Authentic natural slate colour. Modern, unbreakable alternative to natural slate tile for new build and re-roofing projects. Lighter, tougher and easier to work with than real slate.
Moulded from casts of natural slate, they provide an authentic texture that looks amazing - year after year, with the advantage that they do not crack, curl or fade. Designed with a curvature, called InFlexTM, to provide a secure and watertight fit that resists uplift and winds up to 110mph.
Installs Quickly, Looks Great, Lasts Long
Available in a range of different colours, these faux roofing tiles give homeowners, designers and architects the freedom to express.
Blended from dolomite limestone and polypropylene, they are over 50% lighter and much less fragile than natural slate, so easier to handle too.
Being tougher, they can be walked on during installation, without risk of cracking. This fact alone can reduce wastage by 15%. They're also easy to cut and fit, so quick to install.
It's no wonder that roofing contractors love to work with them.
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight - just 12kg/m² so easy to handle and needs less support
- Authentic appearance - real slate moulds and random textures
- Uplift resistance - built-in InFlex camber for tighter fit
- Consistent size - no need to sort tiles by thickness
- Easy preparation - easy to cut and no need to drill
- Faster fitting - nail, exposure and spacing markings
- Super strong - wont crack/break if dropped or walked on
- Non-fading - protection against fading under sunlight
- Lifetime warranty - fit with confidence
- Low-Pitch use - can use on roofs as low as 14°
- Complete system - compatible ridge tiles, top caps and breathable membrane
- BBA amp; BS Certified - complies with BS476 Part 3 - an AA fire rating is achieved for insulation on boarded roofs
- 100% Recyclable - conserve natural resources and reduce landfill
Special Features of Tapco Slate
- Centre Line - quick positioning of tile
- Exposure Gauge - overlap consistently
- Horizontal Spacers - space evenly across batten
- Nail Targets - fix easily with no need to drill. Markings for Half-Slate cuts included
|Colour||Steel Grey (formerly Pewter Grey)|
|Size||295mm x 445mm x 5mm (11.6" x 17.5" x 0.19")|
|Weight||Nominal 0.65 Kg|
|Material||Recyclable blend of limestone and polypropylene|
|Batten Size||38mm x 25mm (1.5" x 1")|
|Pitch||14° to 90°|
|Fixing||Large-headed galvanised steel nails - 30mm (1.5") by 2.5mm (0.1") using hammer or nail gun.
Aluminium or Copper nails may also be used but driving them through the slate may cause bending.
Longer 76mm (3") nail required for fixing ridge and hips
|Cutting||Fine-toothed handsaw, jigsaw, circular saw, or sharp utility blade|
|Storage/Temperature||Must be conditioned at a temperature no lower than 7° for 24 hours prior to use.
May be installed in temperatures as low as 0° but must be hand fastened.
Tapco recommends fastening with a pneumatic gun in temperatures above 7°
The material and the moulded markings on each slate make fitting Tapco Synthetic Tile a dream. Comprehensive fitting instructions are available if required and the following table will help judge the quantity of tile required.
|14 to 22.5° (fully boarded)||6" (152mm)||22 per m2|
|22.5 to 25° (fully boarded, or felt and batten)||6" (152mm)||22 per m2|
|25 to 27.5° (fully boarded, or felt and batten)||6.5" (165mm)||20 per m2|
|27.5 to 30° (fully boarded, or felt and batten)||7" (178mm)||19 per m2|
|Over 30° (fully boarded, or felt and batten)||7.5" (191mm)||18 per m2|
- Download Tapco Slate Brochure
- Download Tapco Slate Fixing Guide
- Download Tapco Slate Care & Maintenance
- Download Tapco Slate BBA Certificate
- Download Tapco Slate Fire Safety Report Part 1
- Download Tapco Slate Fire Safety Report Part 2
- Download Tapco Slate LEED Specification
- Download Tapco Slate Wind Performance
- Download Tapco Slate Chemical Compatibility
- Download Tapco Slate Warranty
- Download Tapco Slate ETA Certificate
- Download Tapco Slate Declaration of Performance