Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
- Product Code: EUR-1888-1001
- Manufacturer Code: CB225WO_1.25
- Package Type: Parcel L
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Window Hardware > Window Frames
uPVC Capping for Covering Window Board
(1.25m long in choice of colour and width)
Revitalise your window boards!
Durable uPVC capping provides a clean low-maintenance finish to an old, damaged window board and is perfect for lining of window reveals.
These 9mm capping boards are exterior grade uPVC, exactly like the longer versions sold for use on house fascia. So unlike timber, they are unaffected by moisture, therefore ideal in wet areas and rooms of high humidity.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and easy fitting - minimal tools required and no mechanical fixings
- Long lasting protection - tough, colour-safe and resistant to warping
- Choice of colour and width - a product to suit your individual application
- Maintenance-free - wipe clean surface that requires no painting
- British Standard product - backed by a 20 year manufacturer guarantee
|Width||Standard Capping Board: 150mm, 175mm, 200mm, 225mm, 250mm, 300mm|
|Colour||White (WH), Black Ash (WY), Anthracite Grey (GY1), Golden Oak (WO) and Rosewood (RO)|
|Colour Fastness||BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 - Tests undertaken by BSI Testing for colour change resulted in an actual classification of 4 / 5 (where 1= most change and 5 = least change).|
|Fire Rating||Foam profiles: Tested to BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire. Woodgrain profiles do not carry a fire rating.
Rigid profiles: Tested to BS476 Part7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire.
|Thermal Conductivity||Foam profiles: 0.07 (w/mk) - this low coefficient of thermal conductivity indicates thermal insulation properties better than brick, concrete or timber.
Rigid profiles: 0.14 (w/mk).
|Density||Foam profiles: 0.55 - 0.6 g/cm3
Rigid profiles: 1.40 - 1.50 g/cm3
|Quality and Standards||BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 Grade 4/5 Colour Fastness
BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 Fire rating
BS EN 1SO 9001:2000 Quality System
|Guarantee||Profiles are guaranteed against discolouration, warping and cracking, providing they are fitted to manufacturers recommendations. Standard profiles are covered for 20 years, foiled woodgrain profiles for 10 years.|
|Applications||Internal window board cover; Lining of window reveal; Boxing-in pipework; Capping board for covering tired timber fascia.|
Fitting and Usage
Fitting the capping board as a window board cover is relatively straight forward. The following bullet points should provide some guidance but our detailed Fitting a Window Board Cover sheet is available on request.
- Cut capping board length to match overall length of existing window board (include the joggles that wrap around the reveal if they exist)
- If necessary, cut the back edge of capping board along length to equal existing board depth plus 9mm (allowance for thickness of front lip)
- Measure length of reveal and cut out any joggles as required
- Apply quick grab adhesive to top of window board before placing capping board firmly on top
- Trim end caps to desired length and fix with superglue
- Apply decorators caulk around edges for a neat finish if required
|Window Usage:||Internal Window Board|
Great quality product. Simple and easy to cut and a doddle to fit over existing interior conservatory window cill. I used electric mitre cutter. Wife wasn’t convinced on anthracite grey until I convinced her that it would look more modern. Fitted it over old tired scratched rosewood cill. She absolutely loves it (which says a lot). Delivery was painless too and intend to purchase skirting boards in same colour.
Hi Colin, Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you earned some brownie points!