Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 3 days!
- Product Code: ESU-2118-1002
- Manufacturer Code: EC-STEPNOSE-AB-WG
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Fencing & Barriers > Garden Borders & Edging
Decking Step/Edge Nosing Board
(Choice of design and colour)
Stronger hard-wearing board with hidden fixing!
Solid decking board for durable and secure deck edging and stair treads. Available in natural woodgrain or grooved finish to match hollow decking board. Anti-slip decking resists fading and repels water, making it ideal for gardens, patios, pool areas and holiday homes.
Whilst lightweight hollow boards are preferred for covering large decking areas, the solid Step/Edge Nosing is recommended for finishing the edges and constructing steps. The Step/Edge Nosing board features a cutout which, with a Starter clip fixed to joists, will secure the step/edge without visible fixings.
Features & Benefits
- Ultimate treadboard - super strong with hidden fixings
- Slip resistance - safe walking surface even in the wet
- Hard-wearing - withstands the roughest treatment
- Fade resistant - protection against UV rays and pollutants
- Stain and water resistant - looks good year after year
- Quick and easy fitting - easy to handle with special fixings
- Neat flawless finish - fixings concealed between joints
- Double-sided design - woodgrain one side, grooved the other
- Low maintenance - no treating, just simply jet or brush wash
- 20 Year Guarantee - no warping, cracking, splitting or rotting
Made using homogenous wood polymer, so more durable than timber, with high resistance to damage. Constructed from ethically sourced, traceable recycled wood from timber mills and recycled plastic polymer.
|Size (w x h x l)||145mm x 25mm x 3660mm|
|Colours||Ancient Black, Wild Brown, Antique Ash, Salt Lake Silver|
|Material||Recycled wood (60%) and recycled plastic polymer|
|Coverage||2 boards per square metre|
|Clips per board||12 (Hidden T-Clips or Starter Clips)|
|Certification||RoHS Green Product compliant|
|Guarantee||Twenty year warranty against warping, cracking, splitting, rotting and fungal decay|
Fitting and Usage
When using the Step-Edge Nosing, laying of the deck should start from the edge. Starter Clips should be fitted at the edge on each joist, and the Step/Edge Nosing is fitted into the Starter Clips. A Hidden T-Clip is then fitted to the opposite edge on each joist, and secured tightly once the next Hollow Board is in place.
The following describes key points for general installation. Be sure to refer to the comprehensive installation guide when ordering, and when fitting.
Subframe and Joists
- Can be fitted to timber, aluminium or composite subframe
- Slope subframe at 10mm per metre towards drainage, to discourage free-standing water
- Use maximum joist centres of 350mm, or 25mm if installing boards diagonally
- Double the joists where board ends meet
- Allow 150mm air-gap below the deck
Laying Decking Boards
- Provide expansion gaps to allow proper drainage and ventilation
- Gap between wall and first decking board should be 10mm
- Side-to-side and end-to-end gaps should be 3-7mm
- Side-to-object and end-to-object gaps should be at least 5mm
- Starter Clips should be used to secure sides of board at edge of subframe on every joist Hidden T-Clips are loosely screwed every joist along the board and tightened when next board is inserted
- Deck edges can be finished using Hollow Deck Boards with Edge Trim, or the Step/Edge Nosing
- Do not clean with chemical products, a garden hose is usually sufficient
- If pressure washing, use 80 bar max, 40°C max and head at least 30cm from surface