Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: SCH-1862-1001
- Manufacturer Code: SJ5177-WH
- Package Type: Large Letter
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Locks & Keys > Locks & Latches
Premium Key Locking Sash Jammer
(White, Chocolate Brown, Caramel)
Secondary security for windows and doors!
Premium key locking sash jammer for extra secure windows and doors. Strong cast zinc body and durable powder-coated finish means it'll work well and look great for years. Supplied with variety of fixings including jack nuts and screws.
Additional security for windows and doors that can be quickly fitted and is easy to operate. Sash Jammers, also known as Sash Blockers offer highly effective protection against intrusion and are popular for use in offices, schools, universities and hospitals as well as housing.
Features & Benefits
- Super strong - durable cast zinc construction
- Attractive design - sleek profile with powder-coated finish
- Easy to use - just twist to secure door or window
- Highly secure - can key lock jammer arm
- Peace of mind - satisfy insurance and relax
- Fixings supplied - use jack nuts or choice of screws
Available in a choice of colours, including Chocolate Brown, for use with Rosewood or Mahogany frames and Caramel for Oak.
What you get
Each Sash Jammer Includes
- Key Locking Sash Jammer - strong and reliable
- Sash Packers (x2) - supplied with 3mm and 6mm packer
- Button Spacers (x3) - three sizes (2mm, 4mm, 6mm) for tight fit
- Screw Cover Caps (x2) - provides neat finish
- Sash Jammer Key - locks jammer arm in position
Choice of fixings also supplied:
- Self-Drilling Screws (x2) - no need for pilot holes and used on reinforced frame/sash
- Universal Screws (x2) - deeper thread for non-reinforced sash or frame
- Jack Nuts (x2) - most secure option when no re-inforcement
Sash Jammer Packers
The Packers are used to raise the Jammer Body to accommodate deeper offset between frame and sash.
The underside of the Jammer Arm is 21mm from the base of the Jammer Body, so packers should be used if the offset between frame and sash is greater than 21mm. Using the Packers, the sash jammer can be used with an offset from 21mm to 30mm.
Sash Jammer Buttons
Three sizes of Button Spacers, which fit to the underside of the Jammer Arm, are provided to help ensure a smooth, tight fit.
|Finish||Powder-coated (White, Chocolate Brown, Caramel)|
|Jammer Body Size (l x w x h)||67mm x 20mm x 21mm|
|Overall Size (l x w x h)||88mm x 20mm x 39mm|
|Weight (Body and Arm)||141g|
|Contents (per Sash Jammer)||1 x Sash Jammer, 2 x Sash Packers, 3 x Sash Jammer Buttons, 2 x Self-Drilling Screws, 2 x Universal Screws, 2 x Jack Nut & Bolts, 2 x Screw cover Caps, 1 x Key|
Fitting and Usage
Sash Jammer Fitting Advice
We have created an easy-to-follow fitting guide, which is supplied with the sash jammers and will help you get started. When ordering your Sash Jammers, consider the following recommendation as to how many should be used.
|Single door||2 sash jammers|
|Double doors||4 sash jammers|
|Small top opening window||1 sash jammer|
|Larger opening windows||2 sash jammers|