Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Out of stock. Normal delivery 10 Workdays
- Product Code: ESU-2116-1001
- Manufacturer Code: EC-EDGETRIM-AB
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Fencing & Barriers > Garden Borders & Edging
Decking Corner Edge Trim
(Available in four natural colours)
Protects and closes exposed edges!
Tough rigid angle for concealing exposed edges of hollow decking boards and providing a protective defined edge around your decking area. Colour-matched to hollow decking board, Edge Trim is a low-cost alternative to solid Step/Edge Nosing.
Simply position over deck edge and fix through side face into fascia to every joist with plastic-headed pins, or pre-drilled and screwed.
Features & Benefits
- Incredibly hard-wearing - withstands the roughest treatment
- Quick and easy fitting - easy to handle with special fixings
- Low maintenance - no treating, simply wipes clean
- Neat finish to decks - hides open edges and covers joint
- Great value solution - lower cost than solid Step/Edge Nosing
Part of our Composite Hollow Decking range, which is made using homogenous wood polymer, so more durable than timber, with high resistance to damage. Constructed from ethically sourced, traceable recycled wood from timber mills and recycled plastic polymer.
How many boards and clips do you need?
Based on a sub-frame with maximum joist centres of 350mm, the following can be used as a guide.
- 2 x Hollow Boards per sq mtrs.
- 12 x T-Clips per board to secure to joists.
- 12 x Starter Clips per starter and end board to secure outside edge to frame.
Working out quantities
Multiply length and width of area to be decked to get the square metreage, then divide by 2 to get the number of boards needed.
Example Deck Area (5.5m length x 3m width)
Area is 16.5 m2 (5.5 x 3) and Boards Per Run is 1.5 (5.5 ÷ 3.66 (Board Length)).
Boards = 33 - Area x Boards Per m2 (16.5 x 2)
T-Clips = 377 - Boards - Boards Per Run) x T-Clips Per Board (33 - 1.5 x 12)
Starter Clips = 37 - (Boards Per Run x Starter Clips Per Board) x 2 ((1.5 x 12) x 2)
|Size (w x h x l)||42mm x 42mm x 3660mm|
|Colours||Ancient Black, Wild Brown, Antique Ash, Salt Lake Silver|
|Material||Recycled wood and recycled plastic polymer|
|Fixing Method||Plastic-headed pins of screws|
|Guarantee||Twenty year warranty against warping, cracking, splitting, rotting and fungal decay|
Fitting and Usage
To fit the Edge Trim, simply position over deck edge and fix through side face into fascia at every joist with plastic-headed pins, or pre-drilled and screwed. Like the decking boards themselves, the edge trim can be mitred at the corners.
The following describes key points for general installation. Be sure to refer to the comprehensive installation guide when ordering, and when fitting.
Subframe and Joists
- Can be fitted to timber, aluminium or composite subframe
- Slope subframe at 10mm per metre towards drainage, to discourage free-standing water
- Use maximum joist centres of 350mm, or 25mm if installing boards diagonally
- Double the joists where board ends meet
- Allow 150mm air-gap below the deck
Laying Decking Boards
- Provide expansion gaps to allow proper drainage and ventilation
- Gap between wall and first decking board should be 10mm
- Side-to-side and end-to-end gaps should be 3-7mm
- Side-to-object and end-to-object gaps should be at least 5mm
- Starter Clips should be used to secure sides of board at edge of subframe on every joist Hidden T-Clips are loosely screwed every joist along the board and tightened when next board is inserted
- Deck edges can be finished using Hollow Deck Boards with Edge Trim, or the Step/Edge Nosing
- Do not clean with chemical products, a garden hose is usually sufficient
- If pressure washing, use 80 bar max, 40°C max and head at least 30cm from surface