Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: YAL-2126-1046
- Manufacturer Code: YBC15WHL
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Window Hardware > Window Frames
Yale Quartus Cranked Window Handle
(Choice of finish and spindle length)
Replacement offset window handles from Yale
Stylish and strong, lockable cranked window handle for aluminium and uPVC espagnolette windows. Manufactured by industry leader Yale, and supplied with a 10-year mechanical and surface guarantee.
Offset handles are available for use with left or right hand and are designed to provide more hand clearance when opening. They are made from tough die-cast zinc, with a durable powder-coated or plated finish to offer high corrosion resistance, impact strength and protection against abrasion.
Features & Benefits
- Offset handle design - increases hand clearance
- Attractive and ergonomic - sleek design and comfortable use
- High quality finishes - smooth and durable coating
- Locking or non-locking - optional keyhole cover
- Improved window security - key deadlocks the sash
- Child safety - lever requires button press
- Fixings supplied - includes key, screws and covers
- Standard fitting - 43mm screw centres and common spindles
- 10-Year guarantee - product you can trust
- Quality assured - British Standard accredited
Espag handles feature a 7mm metal spindle that is fixed to the lever and runs through the handle backplate to fit into a lock mechanism within the sash. Turning the lever rotates the spindle and triggers the mechanism, which in turn locks or unlocks the window.
Did you know? The Yale Quartus Espag handles are also available as inline straight versions, which can be used on left, right or top opening windows.
|Material||Die Cast Zinc (Base, Grip and Key), Nylon and ABS (Mouldings), Passivated mild steel bar (Spindle)|
|Finish||Copper nickel chrome plate layer (Chrome and Champagne Gold, Gold has additional coloured lacquer)). Powder-coated (White, Satin Black and Silver).|
|Backplate size (l x w x d)||65mm x 17.4mm x 13mm|
|Fixing screw positions||43mm (centre-to-centre)|
|Spindle length||10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 30mm or 40mm|
|Overall length||160.2mm (handle and backplate)|
|Overall projection from sash: 49mm|
|Endurance Performance||Tested to BS 6375 Part 2 (Classification EN 12400) Class - 20,000 cycles|
|Corrosion resistance||Tested to BS EN 1670:2007 Grade 4 (240hrs. NSST)|
|Building hardware requirements||BS EN 13126:2011 Part 1: Building hardware|
|Guarantee||10-year surface and mechanical|
Fitting Yale Quartus Window Handles
Remove the existing handle to reveal three holes in the window sash. The outer holes are for the screw fixings (43mm screw centres) and the inner hole is for the spindle.
- Swing open the new handle to reveal both screw ports on the Base
- Guide the handle spindle into the spindle hole and align the screw ports
- Secure handle to sash using screws provided
That is it! If you wish to keep the handle permanently locked, just key lock and then fit the black blanking plug into the barrel keyway. If you wish to highlight the handle as egress and stop it from being locked, fit the green blanking plug.