Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: HUR-1698-1001
- Manufacturer Code: WINS_800X1920-20
- Package Type: Parcel L
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Doors
Reinforced Panel with Rectangular Mouldings
(20mm, 24mm or 28mm thick)
Solid panel with decorative moulding to inside and out
Tough uPVC door panel with decorative moulding. UV stable PVC-u sheets with Polystyrene infill, reinforced with 4mm MDF. Available in three thicknesses, these attractive smooth white panels can be easily cut and fitted.
Used to replace dated, tired and damaged panels in PVC-u doors.
Features & Benefits
- Stronger and more secure with MDF reinforcement
- Standard white matches most profiles
- Colourfast and UV stable
- High impact and chemical resistance
- Manufactured to industry standards
- Fire resistant and self-extinguishing
- Weatherproof and rot resistant
- Totally recyclable and non-toxic
- Attractive double border feature
Manufactured in accordance with BS 476 Part 7 - Spread of Flame Class 1 and BS 4735, with self-extinguishing fire retardant materials and fullfils Part L Building Regulations.
|Panel Size (w x h)||800mm x 1900mm|
|Panel Thickness||20mm, 24mm or 28mm|
|Outer Skin||1.5mm PVC-u sheet|
|Infill Material||Polystyrene and 4mm MDF board|
|Standards Compliance||Part L Building Regulations, BS 476 Part 7 - Spread of Flame Class 1, BS 4735.|
|Minimum Cut Size (W x H)||550mm x 1590mm|
Fitting PVC-u Door Half Panels
Fitting the panels is fairly straight forward but we offer 5 useful pointers to bear in mind.
- Leave protective film in place to prevent scratches during handling. Be sure to peal off before fitting, or peel back from the edges, so that it does not get trapped by the beads.
- A decorators paint scraper or similar tool can be used to remove any beads. When removing, it is easier to start with the longer ones. When replacing beads, the longer ones should be done last. As you remove beads, mark the back of them to identify where they came from (ie. top, right, bottom, left) as they should be put back in the same position.
- When measuring and cutting to size, remember the phrase 'measure twice - cut once'. Be sure the measurement is correct as a cut can't be undone.
- Fine toothed handsaw or jigsaw blade is most suitable for cutting the panels.
- Soft headed hammers can be used to encourage reluctant beads to go back in when they are fitted nice and tight. Remember that cold temperature can make PVC-u brittle.