Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: EUR-1986-1001
- Manufacturer Code: WB16064_2.5
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Window Hardware
uPVC Bullnose Capping for Covering Window Board
(2.5m long in choice of width)
Revitalise your window boards!
Durable uPVC capping provides a clean low-maintenance finish to longer damaged window board and is perfect for lining of window reveals.
These 9mm bullnose capping boards are exterior grade uPVC, exactly like the longer versions sold for use on house fascia. So unlike timber, they are unaffected by moisture, therefore ideal in wet areas and rooms of high humidity.
Features & Benefits
- Attractive and weather resistant
- Colour-fast and matched against our other roofline
- Zero preparation and maintenance free
- Guaranteed against warping and cracking
- Easy fit to existing sound fascia board
- British Standard quality you can trust
Important: Please note that the 420mm wide board is a double-edged board with a bullnose on either edge along the length. The bullnose can be trimmed on one side if not required.
|Standard Capping Board: 160mm, 180mm, 210mm, 240mm, 260mm
Double-Edged Board: 420mm
|BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 - Tests undertaken by BSI Testing for colour change resulted in an actual classification of 4 / 5 (where 1= most change and 5 = least change).
|Foam profiles: Tested to BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire. Woodgrain profiles do not carry a fire rating.
Rigid profiles: Tested to BS476 Part7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire.
|Foam profiles: 0.07 (w/mk) - this low coefficient of thermal conductivity indicates thermal insulation properties better than brick, concrete or timber.
Rigid profiles: 0.14 (w/mk).
|Foam profiles: 0.55 - 0.6 g/cm3
Rigid profiles: 1.40 - 1.50 g/cm3
|Quality and Standards
|BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 Grade 4/5 Colour Fastness
BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 Fire rating< br />BS EN 1SO 9001:2000 Quality System
|Profiles are guaranteed against discolouration, warping and cracking, providing they are fitted to manufacturers recommendations. Standard profiles are covered for 20 years, foiled woodgrain profiles for 10 years.
|Capping board for covering tired timber fascia; Internal window cill cover; Lining of window reveal; Boxing-in pipework.
Fitting and Usage
Fit directly onto existing timber fascia if they are in good condition. Otherwise, the compromised timber fascia should be removed and replaced with a timber backboard with timber fillets for extra support. The cladding board would then be added to this backboard.
Please consider the following:
- Foiled and laminated boards should be fitted in lengths of 2.5m maximum to accommodate expansion requirements, particularly in south facing elevations.
- Abutting boards should be fitted with a 10mm expansion gap and cover trims only stuck to one of the adjoining boards.
- Normal hand tools can be used for drilling and cutting but we recommended a fine tooth bladed saw.
- PVC-U products should not be fitted below 0°C as the boards may become brittle.
- This 9mm capping board should be fixed with 30/40mm polytop fixing pins.
Capping Board as Internal Window Cill Cover
Capping Board is also commonly used as a window cill cover to improve the appearance of damaged timber window board. For this application, the capping board should be cut to size and mitred as necessary and then stuck down with a quick grab adhesive like Saves Nails.
Foam and rigid profiles should not require any further maintenance other than the occasional wash down with a non-scratch, mild detergent and water. They are resistant to most acids and alkalis but can be damaged by solvents. Great care should be taken when in contact with creosote or bitumen-based products as these will cause staining of the profiles. Painting is not recommended on foam profiles unless done by an approved contractor.
|Internal Window Board