Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
- Product Code: SEC-1151-1009
- Manufacturer Code: WFDFTL2050
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Hinges
Pair of 20" Friction Hinge for Top-Hung Windows
(Choice of 13mm or 17mm stack height)
Smooth operation, high performance!
These hinges are designed to stay in any open position by means of friction and are designed for top-hung windows of uPVC or aluminium. We have hinges for side-hung windows under an alternative listing.
The Defender range of friction hinges, designed by leading manufacturer Securistyle, is tough, durable and offer truly reliable weather sealing.
Features & Benefits
- Enhanced weather sealing - enclosed end caps, asymmetric location system and profiled vent are all help
- Long life expectancy - uses Thermoplastic components and tested to 30,000 cycles
- Smooth operation - patented lipped slider
- Easy friction adjustment - without metal-to-metal contact
- Friction screw misuse eliminated - robust cam friction device
- High standard weather sealing - BS6375 Part 1
- Quality Ferritic steel - BS EN ISO 10088/2 Grade 1.4016
Top Hung Hinges
|Hinge Length||Max Vent Weight||Max Vent Height||Min Vent Height||Hinge Dimension||Opening Angle |
|8" / 209mm||26lbs / 12kg||14" / 350mm||8" / 200mm||4.69" / 119mm||65°|
|10" / 259||35lbs / 16kg||16" / 400mm||11" / 275mm||5.15" / 131mm||80°|
|12" / 310mm||44lbs / 20kg||22" / 550mm||14" / 350mm||6.45" / 164mm||80°|
|16" / 412mm||46lbs / 21kg||29" / 780mm||20" / 500mm||9.4" / 239mm||80°|
|20" / 513mm||57lbs / 26kg||43" / 1100mm||27" / 700mm||8.46" / 215mm||50°|
|24" / 615mm||88lbs / 40kg||51" / 1300mm||33" / 850mm||6.14" / 156mm||37.5°|
|H24" / 615mm||110lbs / 50kg||59" / 1500mm||33" / 850mm||6.14" / 156mm||27°|
Ordering the correct hinge
You can order this top-hung hinge with either a 13mm or a 17mm Stack Depth (see C below). To order the correct hinge you must be aware of the following choices:
- Hang Type - Top Hung swings from top with handle on the bottom of the sash. Side Hung swings vertically from one side with handle on opposite side (see A in diagram below)
- Hinge Length - length of the part that fixes to window frame (see B in diagram below)
This hinge is 18mm wide (see D in diagram above). It is the most common width and used for the vast majority of modern uPVC and aluminium windows. We recommend that you check this measurement, some older window frames may require a size of 14mm, this is quite rare.