Price incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: LAT-1685-1001
- Manufacturer Code: FT25-5
- Package Type: Large Letter
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Consumables > Adhesive Tapes
Breather Tape for 10mm polycarbonate
10mm polycarb with 25mm filter tape
Hight tack adhesive bands
25mm Filter Tape for 10mm Polycarbonate
5m, 10m or 33m lengths
Ventilated and self-adhesive!
High performance 25mm breathable self-adhesive filter tape protects against ingress of dust, debris and insects in flutes of 10mm multi-wall polycarbonate sheeting.
When used as an anti-dust tape on the open ends of polycarbonate conservatory roof panels, Filtarite provides a clean breathable filter that also allows the escape of water vapour to prevent condensation forming.
Features & Benefits
- Prevents infestation
- Reduces likelyhood of condensation
- Easy-fit self-adhesive backing
- Long-lasting high tack adhesion
- Durable FDA approved material
- Filter tape of choice for over 15 years
- Excellent UV stability and water resistance
- BBA tested filtration system
Filtarite performs to all relevant standards and is BBA tested and made from FDA approved materials.
Remember: Polycarbonate is a great material but only effective if care is taken to prevent the growth of unsightly and damaging algae and moulds.
|Tape Length||5m, 10m or 33m roll|
|Compatibility||10mm polycarbonate sheets|
Declaration of Performance
Tensile strength and elongation 45mm test width
Max Load: 179.21 (N 50mm) - mean result ** Strain at Max Load: 41.05% - mean result **
Water Vapour Transmission
Tested to BS 3177:1959 (1959) mean permeability 4474 (gm224h) **
Thermal Shock / Condensation
In accordance with MOAT 48:1991
This test procedure is intended to replicate the ability of the filter tape to resist the passage of water and therefore the formation of condensation within the cavities of the polycarbonate under wet/heat cycling conditions.
Cycle 0-25 - no leaks or condensation **
Cycle 25-50 - no leaks or condensation **
Resistance to Penetration by Particles
Filter cut point 45 microns (rounded up to the nearest 5 mic) **
** Results taken from British Boar of Agrement Test Report No: 2534
Fitting Anti-Dust Breather Tape
Fitting Anti-Dust Breather tape to your polycarbonate sheets is quite straight forward when you follow these simple steps.
- 1. Prepare the polycarbonate sheet
- Clean the end of the sheet where you will fit the tape. This is a good time to remove dirt or moisture from the flutes, which are the channels that run the length of the sheet. Ensure that the surface is clean and dry before...
- 2. Positioning tape over end
- Cut 50mm longer than the width of the sheet, to allow 25mm to wrap round both corners. Stick the pre-cut tape to the end of your sheet. Position vertically so that some tape rises above and an equal amount hangs below the end of the sheet. Then...
- 3. Fold tape over to secure
- Fold the overhanging strips of tape to the top and bottom face of the sheeting. Don't worry if the tape is a little longer than your sheet, you can just fold it round the end to...
- 4. Fit End Closure
- Fit a protective end closure over the sheet to prevent it from being harmed by the elements.