Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 5 days!
- Product Code: EXI-2134-1003
- Manufacturer Code: RB25-B
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Home & Garden > Lawn & Garden > Outdoor Living > Outdoor Structures > Canopy & Gazebo Accessories > Canopy & Gazebo Frames
Exitex Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar 10-25mm
(Choice of colour and length)
Low in cost, high in quality!
Strong aluminium base bar with durable, maintenance-free uPVC top capping and end cap. Secures and seals polycarbonate sheets along the timber rafters of wooden conservatory, lean-to roofs, carports and shelters. Suitable for glazing of 10mm, 16mm, 20mm and 25mm thickness.
Base Bars are screwed to the top of timber rafters to provide a seat for the roof material, before Top Cappings are pushed down firmly, until their toothed legs grip the relevant locking point on the Base Bar up-stand. Weather sealing is provided by rubber flapper seals that are coextruded along the top capping, whilst the underside is sealed by long-lasting EPDM rubber gasket that fits along either side of the base bar.
Features & Benefits
- Easy-fit System - screw base to rafter and snap capping down
- Top Cap Flipper Seal - compression gasket for weather-proofing
- Rubber Base Gaskets - act as a seat and under-seal for glazing
- Aluminium Base Bar - strong and lightweight extrusion
- Long-lasting Material - durable and UV-stable parts
- Maintenance-free - top capping needs no annual painting
Exitex are a leading manufacturer of weather-proofing products, with over 40 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of aluminium and uPVC glazing solutions, including Capex Snap Down.
|White, Brown and Anthracite Grey (Base Bar is mill finished aluminium)
|45mm (Base Bar), 50mm (Top Capping)
|2.5m (8ft 2in), 3m (9ft 10in), 4m (13ft 1in), and 6m (19ft 8in)
|10mm, 16mm, 20mm and 25mm thick polycarbonate sheets
|Aluminium extrusion with EPDB rubber gaskets (Base Bar), PVC-u with rubber flipper seal (Top Capping), PVC-u (End Cap)
Fitting the Exitex Capex Snap Down Glazing Bar
The following is offered as a guide to typical installation, and not intended as comprehensive fitting instructions.
- Cut Base Bar and Top Capping to same length as polycarbonate sheet
- Fit EPDM rubber gasket (may need to be torn into two along the length) to track on either side of Base Bar
- Pre-drill fixing holes along length of base bar and between toothed up-stand
- Fixings should be no more than 500mm apart and within 100mm from either end
- Screw the Base Bars to rafters using 5mm wood screws
- Peel protective film from edges of polycarbonate sheets to prevent being strapped by glazing bar
- Position Top Capping over Base Bar and push legs firmly into up-stand to ensure seal
- Fit end closure to polycarbonate sheet, using thin bead of silicone on underside of top face
- Apply a little silicone sealant to underside of End Cap top lip and push firmly onto glazing bar
- It is assumed that polycarbonate sheet length is cut with allowance for a 50mm overhang into the gutter.
- A glazing width deduction of 21mm from rafter centres will allow for Base Bar up-stand, plus expansion and contraction.
- Fixing buttons can be used along eaves or purlins to secure sheets that are large, or in exposed locations.
- Capex Snap Down works best with roofs over 5° pitch.