Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Despatched in 3 days!
- Product Code: EUR-2011-1001
- Manufacturer Code: OGE17564
- Package Type: Parcel XL
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
Sturdy 18mm Thick 5m Ogee White Fascia Board
(Choice of width - 175mm, 200mm, 225mm and 400mm)
Long-life, low-maintenance fascia and bargeboard!
Strong 18mm thick fascia board for direct fitting to rafters. Perfect for both new build and replacement of existing fascia or bargeboard.
This strong and durable board can be fitted directly to the end of roof rafters to provide a long-life, low-maintenance fascia.
Although its primary use is as a fascia board this product is also used as a bargeboard.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for easy direct fitting to rafters
- Zero preparation and maintenance free
- Colour-fast and matched against our other roofline
- Guaranteed against warping and cracking
- British Standard quality you can trust
- New or replacement fascia and bargeboard
Why Choose our PVC-u Roofline Products?
Fascias and soffits play a crucial role in protecting the roof space. Neglected timber fascias and soffits can spoil the look of your home and cause expensive damage to your roof rafters.
Our PVC-u fascias, soffits and roof trims come with a 20-year guarantee (10 year for coloured laminated boards) against discolouration, warping and cracking and will give a property a new lease of life.
|Width||Standard Board: 175mm, 200mm, 225mm, 400mm|
|Colour Fastness||BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 - Tests undertaken by BSI Testing for colour change resulted in an actual classification of 4 / 5 (where 1= most change and 5 = least change).|
|Fire Rating||Foam profiles: Tested to BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire. Woodgrain profiles do not carry a fire rating.
Rigid profiles: Tested to BS476 Part7:1997 Class 1 surface spread of fire.
|Thermal Conductivity||Foam profiles: 0.07 (w/mk) - this low coefficient of thermal conductivity indicates thermal insulation properties better than brick, concrete or timber.
Rigid profiles: 0.14 (w/mk).
|Density||Foam profiles: 0.55 - 0.6 g/cm3
Rigid profiles: 1.40 - 1.50 g/cm3
|Quality and Standards||BS1006 / 1990 Part A03 Grade 4/5 Colour Fastness
BS476 Part 7:1997 Class 1 Fire rating< br />BS EN 1SO 9001:2000 Quality System
|Guarantee||Profiles are guaranteed against discolouration, warping and cracking, providing they are fitted to manufacturers recommendations. Standard profiles are covered for 20 years, foiled woodgrain profiles for 10 years.|
|Applications||Direct fitting as new or replacement fascia and bargeboards.|
Fitting and Usage
Please consider the following points when fitting fascia board.
- Ensure that the rafters are level and spaced at maximum of 600mm centres.
- Secure board directly (no need for timber substrate) using 2 x 50/60mm stainless steel fixing nails per rafter.
- When joining using corner trims, joint trims or angle trims, the boards should be cut back to allow expansion. White profile should be cut back 5mm on each edge, while coloured or laminated boards should be cut back 8mm per edge.
- Trims should be glued to one side, with the other side free for any expansion or contraction.
- Guttering should be secured to every third rafter, although these boards are thick enough to hold extra fixings securely at other points.
- Foiled and laminated boards should be fitted in lengths of 2.5m maximum to accommodate expansion requirements, particularly in south facing elevations.
- Abutting boards should be fitted with a 10mm expansion gap and cover trims only stuck to one of the adjoining boards.
- Normal hand tools can be used for drilling and cutting but we recommended a fine tooth bladed saw.
- PVC-U products should not be fitted below 0°C as the boards may become brittle.
Foam and rigid profiles should not require any further maintenance other than the occasional wash down with a non-scratch, mild detergent and water. They are resistant to most acids and alkalis but can be damaged by solvents. Great care should be taken when in contact with creosote or bitumen-based products as these will cause staining of the profiles. Painting is not recommended on foam profiles unless done by an approved contractor.