Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
- Product Code: YAL-2193-1005
- Manufacturer Code: 5971-724-BLC-N
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Hinges
Yale 3D Flag Hinge for uPVC Doors
(Choice of colour and finish)
Covered by lifetime security guarantee!
Combines mechanical strength with striking aesthetics, and colour finishes to compliment any door. Highly adjustable and suitable for most uPVC door profiles.
Manufactured by Yale, the world’s most trusted lock brand, this PAS 24 approved hinge is offered with mechanical, surface and security guarantees, so you can buy with confidence.
Features & Benefits
- Full 3-way adjustment - lateral, vertical and compression
- Captive flag hinge - no droop as associated with traditional flag hinges
- Suits most uPVC profiles - fits rebates from 16mm to 22mm
- Highly secure fitting - security cover plate and PAS 24 compliant
- Heavy duty weight carrying - 100Kg per hinge capacity
- Easy insitu adjustment - allows correction to fitted door
- Lifetime security guarantee - the Yale product confidence
- Fit in under 1 minute - faster than any other security hinge
- Pre-assembled ready to fit - supplied as one piece
- Virtually jig-less fitting - needs only two pre-drilled holes
- Fully 3D adjustable - lateral, vertical and compression
- Choice of installation method - slide-on or front-fit
- Captive hinge lid - pivots open and closed for easy installation
- 25 year mechanical guarantee - a product you can trust
The Yale 3D Flag Hinge is the typical T-shaped type used on the majority of uPVC doors, but this hinge can be adjusted in all three dimensions whilst in position. The exceptional design of this hinge allows full side to side, up and down, plus in and out adjustment.
Did you know? This uPVC door flag hinge, previously known as Yale Paddock Neon, is supplied with packers, which allows this single hinge to be used with 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm rebates.
What you get with each hinge
- 1 x Hinge Body
- 1 x Hinge Leaf
- 1 x Hinge Pin
- 2 x Packers (2mm and 4mm)
- 2 x Cover Plates
|Die cast zinc, steel, and plastic
|White, Brown, Polished Chrome, Polished Gold
|Hinge Body Size (h x w x d)
|102mm x 21mm x 32mm
|Hinge Leaf Size (h x w x d)
|48mm x 92mm (94mm fitted to Hinge Body) x 23mm
|16mm, 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm
|Lateral (±5mm), Vertical (-2/+4mm), Compression (±1mm)
|100Kg per hinge, and tested to 50,000 cycles under load. Sheat force 6.0kN.
|10 Year Mechanical Guarantee, 12 Month Surface Guarantee
|Quality and Standards
|Corrosion tested to BS EN 16702007 Grade 4 (240hrs. NSST), PAS 24:2016 for enhanced security
Fitting & Usage
Fitting the Yale 3D Flag Hinge
- Drill pilot holes for fixing of the hinge to frame and sash. A jig can be used to help position and speed the process. Wherever possible, position hinge fixings over frame reinforcement.
- Position Hinge Body over frame locating the fixing pegs over the outermost holes, and secure with 3 x 4.8mm countersunk screws in-between.
- The hinge leaf can be easily positioned on the sash using the fixing pegs, and secured with 4 x 4.8mm countersunk screws through the steel slider. During fitting, you may need to remove the cover screw to open the cover plate, and secure again once fitted.
- Position hinge leaf into the body, and insert hinge pin, ensuring that it’s datum mark is set to the same position on all hinges.
- Make any necessary, vertical, horizontal, or compression adjustments to the hinge, and then push hinge body end caps into place.
Note that the hinge leaf can be used either way round, but the hinge body has an obvious top, which is the end that the pin is fed into. Consider also that the supplied Packers can be stacked to give full 22mm rebate, but locating studs may need to be removed from one packer.
Adjusting the Yale 3D Flag Hinge
The hinge can be adjusted in three dimensions, (i) vertically by allen key adjustment at the bottom of the Hinge Body, (ii) laterally by adjustment on end of Hinge Leaf, and (iii) door-to-frame compression by turning the Hinge Pin at top of Hinge Body.
Note cover caps need to be removed for vertical and compression adjustment, whilst for lateral adjustment, the Hinge Leaf cover will need to be removed, and the 4 fixing screws temporarily loosened. Before turning the Hinge Pin to adjust compression, push the pin up through the bottom, to free the head of the pin from the plastic bush, and remember to tap it back down when done. A 4mm hex key is required for adjustments.