Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: GLI-1764-1003
- Manufacturer Code: GLI-1764-1003
- Package Type: Parcel L
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Materials > Roofing
One-Part Aluminium H-Section Glazing Joiner
Available in White, Brown or Custom RAL
Use with 24mm Glass or 25mm Polycarbonate Sheets
Strong thermally broken aluminium H-section with durable powder-coated finish. Provides secure joining of 24mm glass or 25mm polycarbonate sheets and fitting of conservatory roof vents.
Also known as 'glass joiners' or 'glazing connectors' this one-part muntin bar is used to connect separate units of glass or polycarbonate sheets in conservatory roofs.
Features & Benefits
- Strong aluminium extrusion
- Thermal break stops condensation
- Internally ribbed to trap sealant
- Secure and reliable joint
- Hardwearing powdercoated finish
- For 24mm glass or 25mm polycarbonate
- Simple H-section design
- Fit and forget reassurance
Manufacturing limitations of glass and how it is being used can can restrict the maximum length of a unit. Muntin bars are used to join more than one unit and therefore span a longer distance.
Take a closer look
|Material||Aluminium (with thermal break)|
|Colour||White, Brown or Custom RAL|
|Compatibility||24mm Glass or 25mm Polycarbonate|
Create a reliable seal
- Ensure that all surfaces to be joined, including the inner faces of the H-section, are clean and free from dust.
- Apply a bead of sealant* to the leading edge of both inner faces of the H-section.
- Bring two edges flush together and carefully push the H-section onto the glazing or roof vent. The sealant will be drawn under the H-section and create a seal between the two. More sealant can be added if required.
- Carefully remove any surplus sealant.
- Apply a neat bead of sealant along the H-section where it meets the outside face of glazing or roof vent. Then do the same with the inside face.
- Repeat the above for the second side of the joint.
* Use a sealant that is compatible with your glazing material. We recommend a neutral cure sealant, such as GB-Pro.