Prices incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: YAL-1280-1015
- Manufacturer Code: IF5YC3535N
- Package Type: Large Letter
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Locks & Keys > Locks & Latches
Yale Standard Euro Cylinder
Standard Euro Cylinder from Yale
Brass or Nickel, Many Sizes, 3 Keys (extra available)
Quality manufacture from a name you can trust.
Low-cost, mid-level euro cylinder from industry leader Yale. Reliable replacement for 'multi-point' locks on uPVC, aluminium and composite doors at the home or workplace.
Manufactured to British Standard (EN1303: 2005), this is a cylinder that you can trust. Whatsmore, it comes with a 2 year surface guarantee!
Features & Benefits
- Easy to fit - replace your existing euro cylinder with this in under 5 minutes!
- BSEN 1303:2005 - highest European security
- 30,000 Key Differs - 6 pins with multiple positions
- Long Life - over 100,000 cycles
- Secured by Design - recommended by Association of Chief Police Officers
EXTRA KEYS - As standard, 3 keys are provided with single cylinders and 6 keys wih keyed-alike pairs. Additional keys can be requested above. Note that extra keys may be cut using Silca blanks.
|Sizes||From 35/35 (70mm overall) to 50/55 (105mm)|
|Finish||Antique Brass or Nickel|
|Keys||3 supplied (extra available)|
|Quality Standards||British Standard (EN1303: 2005), Secured by Design|
Further technical information is available below.
Know the Threats
Thieves are always looking for new ways to compromise standard euro cylinder locks. Thankfully, manufacturers are constantly developing features within their locks that will combat threats such as Lock-Snapping and Lock-Bumping.
What size do you need?
It's vital that you order the correct size cylinder for your door. To determine which size cylinder you require you must first remove the cylinder.
Removing existing cylinder
- Put your key in the lock and open the door.
- Remove the screw which is beneath the latch.
- Turn the key while apply slight pressure to the opposite end of the cylinder. As you do so the cam will line up with the rest of the lock and you will be able to slide the cylinder out towards yourself. The key usually needs to be turned approximately 25 degrees clockwise or anti-clockwise.
You can now measure the original cylinder.
Measuring the existing cylinder
On the side of the cylinder, under the cam, you will see a Fixing Hole. The size you require is determined by the distance from each edge of the cylinder to the centre of the fixing hole.
- Measure from the end of the cylinder to the centre of the Fixing Hole, to give the first measurement (a)
- Measure from the centre of the Fixing Hole to the other end of the cylinder, to give the second measurement (b)
If measurement a = 35mm and measurement b = 45mm then the size required is referred to as 35/45 (80mm overall). Some double cylinders (key operated at both ends), like the Yale Anti-Bump and UAP+ Zero Lift Anti-Snap cylinders feature security on both ends. So, ordering a 35/45 cylinder is the same as ordering a 45/35 cylinder.
|Operation:||Double Cylinder (Key/Key)|
|Security Rating:||BS EN1303:2005 16000C50|