Price incl. VAT - Delivery cost
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: RAP-2204-1003
- Manufacturer Code: WSR 4.8 x 50 Z
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Hardware Fasteners > Screws
StarPVCU WSR Baypole Window Screws (4.8mm)
(Choice of length. Box of 200)
Quicker and longer-lasting frame fixings!
Box of 200, high quality 4.8mm self-drilling screws with twin-threaded shank and wafer head. Manufactured by Rapierstar using Zinc passivated carbon steel, for strong, long-lasting PVCU window frame-to-frame, and frame-to-baypole connections.
The flat underside of the wide wafer head, prevents the creasing that can weaken the frame, and cause pooling of water, which results in corrosion. Whilst the advanced drill point eliminates the need to pre-drill, and is effective on single-wall and multi-chamber profiles, with or without steel reinforcement.
Features & Benefits
- Load spreading wafer head - prevents creasing of frame
- Twin self-tapping thread - faster to insert and remove
- Advanced drill point - improves performance reduces breakages
- Excellent corrosion resistance - surpasses industry standards
- Spruce clearance channel - prevents build-up of swarf
- High pull-out values - offers a stronger hold
- Industry favourite - superior performance and value
Part of the market leading StarPVCU product range, the most comprehensive window screw range available, which covers every application for fabrication of reinforced and unreinforced PVCU windows and doors. Complies with provision for CE marking and exceeds British and European standards of extended corrosion resistance.
|Head Style||Wafer Head|
|Head Diameter||12.55mm ±0.15mm|
|Shank Length||50mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 80mm, 95mm, 100mm|
|Shank Material||Carbon Steel|
|Coating||Electroplated Zinc plus Passivation|
|Salt Spray Testing||Minimum 250 Hours in accordance with BS EN 9227:2012|
|Corrosion Protection||Grade 4 acc. To BS EN 1670:2007|
|Material Grade||AISI C1022|
|Effective Thread Length||Fully-threaded (screws up to 80mm), Partially-threaded (95mm screws and above)|
Fitting & Usage
The shallow domed head features a PH2 (Philips) drive, so locating the screwdriver bit is quick, and driving the screw straight is more likely. The drill point on the StarPVCU WSR means that pre-drilling is not required, however it may be advised when screwing through two reinforced frames.