Buy More & Save More (see tiered pricing table below)
|3 to 5||£3.16|
|6 to 8||£2.96|
|9 to 11||£2.86|
|12 to 23||£2.75|
Price incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
Ready to despatch!
- Product Code: SOU-2046-1001
- Manufacturer Code: 130268
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Hardware > Building Consumables > Hardware Glue & Adhesives
Silirub LMN Silicone Sealant from Soudal
(Choice of colour available)
Thick-bodied for easier application!
Superior quality low modulus neutral cure (LMN) silicone sealant for glazing and construction. Offers primerless adhesion to all common construction materials, with high movement capability to accommodate expansion and contraction.
Silirub LMN from Soudal, is thick-bodied, provides excellent toolability with a very fast-skinning time and final cure. Being a 2-Butanone oxime, Silirub LMN offers excellent adhesion to PVC-u. 300ml EU3 cartridge (with nozzle) fits standard skeleton gun applicators.
Features & Benefits
- Thick-bodied for easy to application
- Low modulus means it stays elastic after curing
- Neutral cure offers primerless adhesion to most surfaces
- Resistant to UV, rain, snow, ozone and many chemicals
- Conforms to ISO 11600 F&G 25 LM
- Virtually odourless and good temperature resistance
EXTRA THICK AVAILABLE: Although our Silirub LMN is a thick-bodied glazing and construction sealant, we still offer a thickened version of the Brilliant White colour, which further speeds up the process of tooling for the most active fitters.
Applications of Silirub LMN Silicone Sealant
- Glazing, construction and industrial sealing applications
- Perimeter sealing of window and door frames
- Sealing of roofline and drainage systems
- Weather sealing of aluminium glazing systems, curtain walling and façade panels
- General maintenance and sealing of expansion joints
- Roofing seals including lead, roofing slates, and fibre-cement
- Industrial applications using coated metals, anodized aluminium, stainless steel
- HVAC ducting, pipework and drainage joints
Silirub LMN Sealant Compatibility
- Excellent adhesion to common construction materials (PVC-u, plastics, masonry, metal and wood)
- Not to be used on natural stone such as marble and granite (risk of staining)
- Can be used with most glass types, except self-cleaning, laminated and PVB. Should not come into contact with the butyl sealant on sealed double-glazed units
What is Low Modulus and High Modulus? Modulus describes how a cured sealant acts under stress and strain. The term Low Modulus describes a sealant that is softer and stretchier than High Modulus, which are harder and less elastic. Low Modulus sealant has approximately 50% movement capability compared to 25% of High Modulus. Choice between Low Mod and High Mod depends on application, using around exterior PVC-u, such as windows, doors and roofline would require a Low Mod to accommodate expansion and contraction. Sealing around a worktop, or glass tank would require a High Mod sealant.
Silirub LMN Technical Information
|Curing system||Moisture curing|
|Skin formation* (20°C / 65% R.H.)||Ca. 5min|
|Curing speed * (20°C / 65% R.H.)||Ca. 2mm/24h|
|Hardness||25 ± 5 Shore A|
|Density||Ca. 1,03g/ml (brilliant white)
Ca. 1,25g/ml (colours)
|Elastic recovery (ISO 7389)||> 80%|
|Maximum allowed distortion||25%|
|Temperature resistance||-60°C → 150°C|
|Max. tension (DIN 53504)||1,60N/mm²|
|Elasticity modulus 100% (DIN 53504)||0,38N/mm²|
|Elongation at break (DIN 53504)||800 %|
|Application Temperature||5°C → 35°C|
|Colours||Black, Bronze, Brown, Caramel, Chartwell Green, Clear, Cream White (RAL9001), Grey, Anthracite Grey (RAL7016), Teak, White, Brilliant White, Brilliant White – Thickened|
|Application||Standard skeleton gun|
|Joint Dimensions||Min. width for joints: 5mm
Max. width for joints: 30mm
Min. depth for joints: 5mm
Recommendation sealing jobs: joint width = 2 x joint depth.
* These values may vary depending on environmental factors such as temperature, moisture, and type of substrates.