Price incl. VAT (excl. delivery)
- Product Code: YAL-1863-1002
- Manufacturer Code: Y2G-2040-PC
- Package Type: Packet
- Shopping Category: Home & Garden > Decor > Letterboxes
Premium High Quality Polished 12" Letterplate from Yale
Choice of finish and door thickness
Guaranteed strength and beauty
Combines eye catching aesthetics with sturdy stainless steel construction that's backed by Yale's 20 year guarantee. Includes inside and outside plates that join with telescopic sleeve for tight fit to door.
The exterior plate features a foam weather seal while the interior plate is fitted with a nylon brush to reduce draughts. Both inside and outside flaps are sprung and open to 180° allowing easier posting of larger items.
Features & Benefits
- Hard wearing and UV stable - PVD Gold and Polished Chrome finishes
- Weather and wind proof - insulating brush strip and gaskets
- 180° opening for easy posting - sprung flap inside and out
- Fits doors perfectly - available for 20-40mm or 40-80mm thickness
- Stainless Steel construction - external parts are Marine grade 316
- Attractive modern design - compliments other Platinum series products
- Fixings supplied - comes with M6 thru-fix machine screws
- Guaranteed for 20 Years - long mechanical and surface warranty
Designed to complement Yale's range of premium door furniture. The Platinum letterplate, with hardwearing polished and PVD finishes, looks amazing on any door, timber, PVC-u or composite.
What you get
Complete letterplate set supplied with...
- Exterior Plate with Brushes, Sprung Flap and Sleeve
- Interior Plate with Sprung Flap and Sleeve
- M5 x 50mm Machine Screws (x2)
- M4 x 40mm Machine Screws (x2)
|Backplate Size||Width: 321mm (12.63")
Height: 65mm (2.5")
Thickness: 16.5mm (0.6")
|Opening for Post||Width: 253mm (9.96")
Height: 35mm (1.37")
|Cutout for Fitting||Width: 262mm (10.3")
Height: 45mm (1.77")
Rectangle cutout with 8mm corner radius.
|Material||Marine Grade 316 Stanless Steel to external parts with 480 hours corrosion resistance tested in accordance to BS EN 1670|
|Colour and Finish||Polished Chrome and PVD Gold|
|Door Thickness||Two options available, for 20-40mm doors and 40-80mm doors.|
|Guarantee||20 Year Mechanical Guarantee
20 Year Surface Guarantee
Fitting and Usage
The letterplate can be fitted quite quickly and easily.
- Check existing aperture. If it is smaller than the hole required for this letterplate (262mm x 45mm) then you will have to cut more away. A jigsaw can be used for this purpose.
- Ensure that fixing holes have been drilled in the correct position with 278mm centres and aligned centrally to the aperture.
- Insert internal plate (with fixing holes and brush) through back of door and push external plate from front so sleeves interlock.
- Lift flap of internal plate and fix using appropriate length screw. Be sure not to over tighten.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the internal plate (with screw holes and brush) is fitted on the inside to ensure that fixings are not visable from the outside and that the marine grade 316 stainless steel plate is outside. This is important for security, longevity of the product and surface guarantee.